Trying to learn a new way to tenderize & marinate meat?
Let us tell you how:
- Add 4 heaping tablespoons of black tea leaves, such as a Lapsang Souchong to bring about an "open fire-natural smoke" taste & aroma or try Organic Assam for a rich sweet malty honey like flavour, in a pot (1.5 litres) of WARM (not boiling) water and steep for about 5-8 minutes.
- Strain to remove the leaves (you can keep them & use them as garnish later if you so choose)
- Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar until it dissolves. Set the tenderizing tea mixture liquid aside.
- Season meat (up to 1.5kg) with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and fresh rosemary then place it in oven ready pan, big enough to hold the meat and the tenderizing liquid.
- Pour the tea mixture over your seasoned meat, cover and cook in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven until the meat is fork tender, about 90 minutes.
Even the toughest cuts of meat will melt in your mouth after you marinate them.
Leave a comment